About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success, and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan to continue to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
The right person for this position:
The perfect fit for this position is someone who enjoys working as a part of team to achieve success. They are hungry to learn, can take direction while providing input and can work successfully with others. This person has a particular love for data and numbers while being able to understand the bigger picture. Entrepreneurial at heart, this person can solve problems on the fly using creative methods. They are ready to be a key player in the company’s success and have a desire to be a department leader.
Denver, Colorado – Opportunity to work remote, once fully trained and oriented.
A project foreman is responsible for managing electrical installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting withing commercial and industrial settings. They are also responsible for managing, tracking, coordinating, scheduling, and reporting jobsite conditions and/or issues. The project foreman reports to the project manager, superintendent and Director of Field Operations.
- Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Carlton Electric and other customer safety requirements and policies.
- Uses skills and knowledge required to be a successful electrician.
- Completes work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency
- Perform skilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance, and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Supervises, mentors, and trains all levels of apprentices and journeymen.
- Performs and delegates planning and layout.
- Conducts weekly toolbox talks and safety inspections.
- Completes required paperwork and processes, including time sheets, daily logs, 3-week look ahead planner, time tracker, etc.
- Demonstrates goal setting and tracks performance of tasks.
- Understands site logistics and planning for efficiency.
- Coordinates with general contractors.
- Coordinates with sub-contractors.
- Coordinates with vendors.
- Coordinates with other trades.
- Uses various hand tools, site tools and safety equipment as needed on the job site.
- Maintain tools and equipment and keep parts and supplies in order.
- Uses working understanding of blueprints for layout and coordination.
- Uses knowledge of circuitry and electrical theory to communicate to contractors, owners, design teams, subordinates, and other trades.
- Uses knowledge of the national electrical code to communicate to contractors, owners, design teams, subordinates, and other trades.
- Displays a working knowledge of lighting control systems.
- Displays a working knowledge of fire alarm systems.
- Dig trenches for running underground electrical systems.
- Performs wire and cable pulls.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues with wiring and equipment.
- Plans for and coordinates material handling duties on the jobsite.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Journeyman Wireman license or equivalent.
- Must be OSHA 30 certified or willing to acquire within 6 months.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation method.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen at any given point in time.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must possess mechanical and technical aptitude and a passion for working with your hands.
- Must demonstrate a focus on safety, quality, and goal attainment.
- Must be self-motivated, teachable, punctual, respectful, able to follow directions and be an ideal team player.
- Sitting – ability to remain in normal seated position for prolonged period.
- Standing – ability to stand on one’s feet with little to no movement for a prolonged period.
- Walking – ability to move around on one’s feet for long period of time, often without breaks.
- Lifting – up to 50 pounds.
- Carrying – up to 50 pounds.
- Bending- ability to bend at waist, hips, and knees, sometimes for a prolonged period.
- Pushing – up to 50 pounds.
- Pulling – up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on and maneuver a ladder safely, both 3 legged and extension ladders for a prolonged period.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working conditions can vary greatly depending on job site and time of year. You must be able to perform your work in hot, cold, muddy, wet, humid, windy, and dry conditions.
- Field employees are always required to wear required personal tools while working.
- Ability to work from different heights including, but not limited to, on step ladders, A-frame ladders, extension ladders, and aerial lifts.
- Potential to work in restricted areas such as manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, trenches, attics, vaults, switchgear rooms and more.
- All employees must always wear personal protective equipment on the job site including, safety boots, hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, masks, and ear plugs.
- Potential to work overtime and night shifts, sometimes on short notice.
- Must be okay with working in areas ranging, but not limited to Colorado Springs to Fort Collins.
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Start Date: TBD
- Status: Full-Time
- Schedule: Normal working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 3:30PM. This position may offer or require overtime, weekend, or holiday work.
- Pay Rate: $35-$45 per hour, depending on experience.
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good-faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
- Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but not guaranteed a yearly bonus.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dependent Care FSA.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.