About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success, and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan to continue to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
The right person for this position:
The perfect fit for this position is someone who enjoys working as a part of a team to achieve success. A project manager is detail-oriented, understands financial statements, project scheduling, supporting the field through all actions and can develop strong customer relationships. Entrepreneurial at heart, this person can solve problems on the fly using creative methods and acting in the best interest of the business. They are ready to be a key player in the company’s success and have a desire to be a department leader.
Denver, Colorado – Opportunity to work remote, once fully trained and oriented.
- Exemplify the Carlton Core – purpose and core values.
- Support company goals, growth, and development.
- Develop profitable customer relationships.
- Create and manage integrated project teams to deliver successful projects.
- Understand financial controls of a project.
- Plan projects for profits and customer satisfaction.
- Accurately complete monthly cost estimates to review with CFO and operations team.
- Work closely with the construction operations team, purchasing, and the project coordination team on a day-to-day basis. Teamwork is key.
- Ability to manage $1M+ projects with accuracy, efficiency, drive, and enthusiasm, while supported by a team.
- Review customer contracts and have a thorough understanding of scope and responsibility for the project.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Know how to support the field (Our #1 priority for PMs here).
- 5+ years of project management required.
- Intermediate/Advanced computer skills required (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, etc.).
- Proficient and professional reading and writing skills required (emails, grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Have working knowledge of labor productivity tracking or be able to learn quickly.
- Have working knowledge of how to create accurate cost to completes.
- Understand a WIP (Work in Progress) schedule and over/under billings.
- Have great customer service and business communication skills.
- Experience in Viewpoint/Spectrum preferred.
- Experience in Bluebeam preferred.
- Know how to schedule and sequence a project. P6 or Microsoft Project preferred.
- Electrical field experience preferred.
- Journeyman electricians license preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background check & drug test.
Reporting: The Project Manager reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Stand, walk, and sit.
- Use hands and fingers to type, grip, write, maneuver, feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Possess the ability to talk.
- Possess the ability to hear well either naturally or with correction.
- Possess the ability to see well either naturally or with correction.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Typical office setting noise levels to be expected. Semi-open office concept.
- Opportunity for occasional remote work once fully trained and knowledgeable about company and role expectations.
- Occasional travel to jobsites, both indoor and outdoor with variable weather conditions, will be required.
Location: Denver, Colorado
Start Date: TBD
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Schedule: Schedule: General working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 4:30PM. Flexible hours, but work may require nights and weekends depending on project needs.
Pay Rate: $80,000-$115,000+ depending on experience. *
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
· Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but is not guaranteed, a yearly bonus.
· Vehicle: This position is eligible for a company vehicle or vehicle allowance.
· Phone: This position is eligible for a company phone or phone allowance.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dependent care FSA option.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.