Special Projects Foreman
About Carlton Electric:
At Carlton Electric, we pride ourselves on fostering a culture focused on positive growth and energy. We aim to provide our employees with the resources, training and support necessary to help them achieve their career goals. We recognize that our employees are the key to our success, and we aim to provide them with a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience.
So, what does a positive, growth-oriented, and exciting experience look like? It looks like annual employee appreciation events (who doesn’t love a good raffle?), community support and volunteering opportunities, free after-hours training on topics from business financials to pipe-bending, paid-for trade school tuition and other career development opportunities. It looks like being named a Denver Post Top Workplace, then throwing a party to celebrate with our families and coworkers (who doesn’t love a BBQ food truck, cornhole tournament and bouncy houses for the kids?). We don’t take our employees for granted and we plan to continue to strive to be one of the best companies in Denver to work for.
Special Projects Foreman
A Special Projects Foreman is responsible for managing electrical installation and upgrades for special commercial electrical projects. They often work by themselves or with a small crew to complete fast-paced projects.
– Maintains compliance with all OSHA, Carlton Electric and other customer safety requirements and policies.
– Complete electrical installation, upgrades, maintenance and repair work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency.
– Supervise, mentor and train apprentices when applicable.
– Perform planning and layout.
– Complete necessary project paperwork in a timely manner.
– Coordinates with GCs, owners, sub-contractors, vendors and other trades as necessary.
– Use and maintain various hand tools, site tools and safety equipment as needed on the job site.
– Uses knowledge of NEC, circuitry and electrical theory to communicate to contractors, owners, design teams, crew members, and other trades.
– Run service calls and troubleshoot electrical issues with wiring and equipment when needed.
– Plans for and coordinates material handling duties on the jobsite.
– Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
– Minimum 5 years of experience as a licensed JW.
– Must demonstrate professional customer service skills, both verbal and written.
– Must possess a valid drivers license and pass a motor vehicle record screening.
– Must be able to pass a drug screen at any given point in time.
– Must be able to pass a background check.
– Must be self-motivated, teachable, punctual, respectful, able to follow directions and be an ideal team player.
– Sitting, standing, walking for prolonged periods of time.
– Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling – up to 50 pounds.
– Ability to bend at waist, hips, and knees, maneuver on a ladder (3/4 legged and extension ladders) for a prolonged period.
– Possess the ability to talk, hear, and see well either naturally or with correction.
– Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
– Sometimes hot, cold, wet, muddy, humid, windy and dry conditions depending on time of year.
– Must wear personal tools while working (tool harness, or belt).
– Ability to work from different heights such as on ladders and lifts.
– Potential to work in restricted areas such as manholes, utility tunnels, crawl spaces, trenches, attics, vaults, switchgear rooms and more.
– All employees must always wear Carlton Electric required PPE.
– Potential to work overtime and night shifts, sometimes on short notice.
Location: Denver Greater Metro Area/Front Range (Fort Collins to Colorado Springs)
Start Date: TBD
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Normal working hours of Monday-Friday 7AM – 3:30PM. This position requires an on-call shift every 10-14 weeks which may require overtime, weekend, or holiday work.
Pay Rate: $40-$45/hr, depending on experience.*
*This pay rate is the good-faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of this job posting. Carlton Electric reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted rate if they believe the new range is determined in good faith. Carlton Electric reserves the right to adjust compensation based on, but not limited to, approved factors such as seniority, merit, quantity and/or quality systems, location, education and/or training, and required travel.
- Other financial benefits: This position may be eligible for, but not guaranteed a yearly holiday bonus and performance bonus.
- Health Insurance: Multiple coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dental Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Vision Insurance: Coverage options available for employee and family.
- Dependent Care FSA available.
- Employee assistance program.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance available.
- Life insurance and voluntary life insurance available.
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K with company match. Roth and traditional options available.
Carlton Electric is an equal opportunity employer.
Carlton Electric does not discriminate against any protected category when determining salary and compensation for an employee.